Opportunity to make a difference with a recognized top performing TSX-Venture clean tech company!
We are looking for new team member who wants to contribute to the success and growth of Legend Power. If you are looking for a “just a job”, please do not proceed. If you want to be a product pioneer, take risks, and work with a dedicated team of engineers to make Legend the leading provider and energy conservation solutions – we want you!
Objective of Position:
Provide best in class engineering design in a fast paced environment. Working with a close knit team to further develop and deploy robust, reliable products based on Legend Powers voltage optimization technology. Bring high technology to electrical power systems for commercial buildings.
Work closely with the Legend team to ensure our projects are completely on time and within budget.
As a key member of the engineering team you will be responsible for product development, research and development, engineering support of existing systems and implementing best operational processes.
1) Designs and develops electrical circuits and firmware for PCBs and electrical assemblies– Electrical circuits schematic design: system control, electrical metering and instrumentation for system status. – PCB hardware layout : multi-layer mixed digital and analog boards and high power 100A+ 600VAC designs – Firmware development – Embedded Linux, RTOS, ARM processors – System assembly and wiring diagram – Prototype testing circuits – component sourcing and purchasing
2) Implement best in class engineering systems:– Deploy effective engineering systems to further our production and engineering efficiencies – Work closely with suppliers to leverage their knowledge base to bring large scale engineering resources to our team
3) Designs testing plans for prototype design verification and production quality assurance– Develop testing methodologies and setup testing jigs/platforms for production QA testing – Build testing circuits for troubleshooting and new product developments.
4) Maintain design, testing and production documentation:– Develop design documents and research reports – Maintain component database, manufacture files and BOMs of PCBs hardware – Record, analyze and organize testing results and develops standard testing procedures
5) Engineering support and troubleshooting:– Support production, field installations and operations – Root cause analysis of problems and troubleshooting – Provide necessary technical support for customers
Qualifications:– Education: Electrical Engineering degree – Eng or registration as E.I.T. with APEGBC considered a strong asset – Experience: up to 5 years’ experience – Desire to learn, drive to expand knowledge – Ability and willingness to contribute to all technical areas in the company, including those outside area of expertise – Development of high power (1kW+) switching power systems or experience with 600VAC systems considered an asset – Demonstrated record of successfully completion of projects – Ability to work with minimal instructions or directions – Well organized, good time management and ability to work on several concurrent projects – Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills – Dedication to meeting commitments – Good communicator, effective communication and timely information flow is key to this role.
Strong start up business mindset (entrepreneurial spirit) come up with creative ways to work with team members and partners to find innovative solutions to challenging problems.
Please send resume to: email@example.com